Choquequirao Trek to Machu Picchu 8 Days / 7 Nigts
Day 1: CUSCO - CACHORA - PLAYA ROSALINA
At 5:00 am. We pick you up from your hotels, then we travel in our private vehicle to Cachora for 4 hours approximately, spectacular views in Izcuchaca, Limatambo valley, Salkantay mountain and Curawasi enroute, once there, we meet our muleteer and horses, there we pack all our equipment in horses, we begin to walk, the trail is flat until Chiquisca and then we will go uphill, passing through the high pass of Capuliyoc, from there, we will have a great view of the Apurimac Canyon. Then we will descend to playa Rosalina on the banks of the Apurimac River, Campsite at 1,550 masl. Or 5,115 Ft. After of 4 hours walk we stop to rest and lunch. After lunch we continue to our first camping to Playa Rosalina. 7-8 hours walk ,16 Km
Day 2: PLAYA ROSALINA - CHOQUEQUIRAO
Early in the morning, after breakfast we will start to climb uphill through a long and narrow trail, arriving Chokequiraw around 4 pm,approximatelly then, We visit the Archaeological site with our guide. The view of the canyon is spectacular, it is also possible to see Andean Condors soaring in the mountains. Campsite(3050 masl. 11,055 ft.)
Day 3: CHOQUEQUIRAO - MAIZAL
Gentle climbing for 3 hours until be at 3,300 masl. Or 10,890 Ft, then we will descend until White River(1900 masl. Or 6,270 Ft.) On the way we will pass by Pinchiunuyoj Ruins . There, we will observe different species of birds, different varieties of orquids, and local coca plantations (2,750 masl. Or 9075 Ft.), >From Rio Blanco (White river), we will climb up to Maizal (3,000 masl. Or 9,900 Ft.) for about 3 hrs. Campsite.
Day 4: MAIZAL - YANAMA
Again another gentle climbing to start our day ,after 4 hours we will reach Minas Victoria an old Mining center . Almost on the top, we can appreciate original paved Inca trails with stone steps in the middle of the valley . We will pass over (4,150 masl. Or 13,695 Ft.) and finally descend to our campsite(3,800 masl. Or 12,540 Ft.).
Day 5: YANAMA - TOTORA
After an early breakfast, we will start climbing slowly to our higher pass in all the trail (4,670 masl. Or 15,410 Ft.), again the view will be amazing from here, we will be surrounded by snowcapped mountains: The Sacsarayoj mountain and the Padreyoj mountain. Campsite at 3,630 masl. Or 11,979 Ft
Day 6: TOTORA - PLAYA
On this day we will descend to the Totora river. As we go down the Natural life will be more interesting, with lots of hummingbirds, woodpeckers and many species of orchids and begonias. Campsite at 2,125 masl. Or 7,012 Ft.
Day 7: PLAYA - AGUAS CALIENTES
This day, we will walk to our last uphill, until 2,810 masl. Or 9,273 Ft., to arrive there, we will take around 3 hours; from here we will have an excellent view of the lost Inca’s city of Machu Picchu. After a good rest, we will go down to the Hydroelectric plant on the Urubamba River, from here, depending on the time, we will walk and/or take the train to Aguas Calientes, Night in a Hostel.
Day 8: MACHU PICCHU FULL DAY – CUSCO
After breakfast we will take the bus to Machu Picchu, there we will have a guided tour then we will have free time to be by our own in Machupicchu, maybe to climb the Wayna Picchu. Sungate ,Inca Bridge or Tempole of the Moon In the afternoon(At 4:00 pm.), Bus down to Aguas Calientes village and at 16:20 we will board a train to Cusco ( Optional Train to Ollanta and private Bus to Cusco. Arriving at 9 pm. Aprox.
What is Included:
- Experienced English speaking Guide, Cook and Horseman
- Private Transportation to Cachora,
- Full board meals during the trek (vegetarian option or special diets by request
- Camping Equipment Eureka tent for 2 person, dining tent, tables and chairs
- Foam pad roll Mattress
- Horses to carry camping equipment
- 1 Extra horse in case of emergency
- Entrance Fees and Admission fee for Machupicchu
- Tourist Train ticket return from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- 1 Night in Hotel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes
- 6 Kg Porter for your personal belongings
- A duffle bag is provided for your personal items
- You need to carry small day-pack with camera, water and snacks.
What is not Included:
- Sleeping Bags Down US$40 for 6 nights
- Trekking poles a pair US$30
- Back Pack 60 liters US$30
- Bottle water, sodas or beers
- Tips for your crew are optional not mandatory.
- Optional Tips for the crew, totally to your discresion.
We recommend that you bring
- Personal sleeping Bag
- Bottle of Water
- 2 liters of drinkable water for Day 1
- Purification Tablets
- Original passport in a plastic bag
- Daypack with your daily personal items
- Hiking shoes or waterproof boots
- Raincoat or poncho
- Water bottle, flashlight, hat, sun block, sunglasses
- Warm clothes, Light clothes, 4 pairs of socks
- Insect repellent
- Tablets for the altitude Sickness, Coramine, Diamox
- Extra plastic bags, to maintain our equipment dry during the rain season
- Chocolates, candies or other snacks
- Photo Camera with enough batteries